Duration of Assessment: 1.5 – 2 hours
What to Expect
Your clinician will conduct the following:
- A case history discussion with you about your child’s strengths and weaknesses, their developmental and medical history, their social history and your current concerns.
- The following assessments, or similar, may be used:
- A comprehensive language assessment using the Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals-5th Edition (CELF-5). This will be used online through screen sharing.
- A discourse assessment called the Expression, Reception and Recall of Narrative Instrument (ERRNI). This will be used online through screen sharing.
- A test of higher level language called the High Level Language Comprehension Test (HILLT) or the Test of Problem Solving (TOPS)
You will receive a comprehensive report approximately 4 weeks after your assessment.
What to Prepare
- A computer and camera with good internet connection
- The intake questionnaire (sent via booking confirmation email)
- Please encourage your child to use the bathroom prior to the assessment. Ensure they have eaten too, to minimise distractions.
- Token games, such as a puzzle, where you can give your child a piece to keep them motivated and engaged throughout the assessment.
- A reward chart (sent via booking confirmation email) to be ticked to keep your child motivated. Give them a reward once this is completed (place this so it will be completed at the end of the assessment)
- Photographs or toys for your child to talk about
What needs to be sent to your Clinician as soon as possible
- The intake questionnaire. This can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org once completed (before the assessment if possible)
- The Telehealth consent form (sent via booking confirmation email)
- A video or audio sample of your child talking. This can be sent either to your clinician or to email@example.com and must be clearly labelled with your child’s name and date of birth.
- Any previous Speech Pathology reports
- Any school reports
- The Credit Card Authority form (sent via booking confirmation email and can be accessed here) to allow payment to be taken. If you do not want to use this system, you can call the clinic directly to make payment. Payment must be received by HDST no later than two days before the assessment. If payment has not been received, the assessment will not go ahead and you will need to reschedule the assessment.