Access to speech therapy within the learning environment is critical in ensuring children who cannot attend face-to-face sessions at our clinic, or online are able to receive much needed services. This also allows us to work closely and collaboratively with your child’s school, ensuring success in the classroom environment. We endeavour to build and sustain open lines of frequent communication with your child’s teachers, learning support staff, and other allied health professionals in the development and tailoring of ISPs and goals, and monitoring of progress across the school term/s.
What services do we offer?
Our Speech Pathologists provide the following services to our clients at preschools and schools in the greater Hills district:
- Individual assessments and review assessments (including supply of school/preschool questionnaires to incorporate into client reports)
- Classroom observations
- Speech and language screenings (Preschool and Kindergarten)
- 1:1 therapy sessions (30 mins | 45 mins | 60 mins)
- Group-based therapy
- Peer sessions (1 speech pathologist with 2 students)
- Participation in learning support meetings
- Preschool/school specific meetings
- ISP development
- Workshops and education for staff and parents
Hills District Speech Therapy currently provides speech therapy services at various childcare centres, preschools, and public schools in Baulkham Hills, Carlingford, Rouse Hill, Winston Hills, Schofields, Shalvey, Castle Hill, North Rocks, Kellyville, Stanhope Gardens, The Ponds, Pitt Town, Oakville, Pennant Hills, Kenthurst and Seven Hills. HDST also currently provides speech therapy services at following schools:
How can I book my child in for school / preschool-based speech therapy?
Preschool & School Information Package
This information package contains vital information for preschools and schools needing to set up services with our clinic. Click on the icon to right to download this package. Parents are encouraged to email/supply this package directly to their child’s preschool/school.