Summary of Cancellation Policy
- 1 business days notice (24 hours) – no charge
- Less than 24 hours notice- non face to face service provided as alternative
- Short notice cancellations (less than 1 hour) or no notice provided – 90% of consult charged
- Group appointments- full consult fee charged
- More than 3 sessions cancelled per term- HDST reserves the right to discharge
- Payment is required within 7 days from the service provided.
- If more than 1 invoice is open, services will be suspended until the account is paid in full.
- If the account is not paid in full after 2 weeks of receiving the suspension notice, we reserve the right to release your dedicated session.
- If you have 2 or more suspended accounts in a term, HDST reserves the right to discharge you from our services and will be placed back at the end of the waiting list.
- Sessions occurring offsite must abide by the same payment terms.
- We no longer accept cash as a form of payment.
How to Pay
- We prefer payment to be made on the day of service
- Payment can be made via credit card on site, over the phone or direct deposit. We do not accept cash or American Express
- We use Stripe as our secure, encrypted credit card processing platform. Once you provide us with your credit card details, if you so choose, we will enter the details into Stripe’s payment gateway, which encrypts the data.
- External or offsite appointments will need to provide credit card details which will be secured with Stripe.
- You will receive a full, itemised invoice via email the following working day. This can be used for claiming purposes.
- We thank you for your prompt payment.
Further details regarding cancellation terms
24 hours notice
We know how important it is to you to ensure you have a dedicated and consistent appointment time that works for you.
This is why we do need 24 hours or 1 business days notice if you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment. No cancellation fee is charged if 24 hours notice is provided. (e.g. if your appointment is on Monday at 11am, you will need to let us know by 11am on Friday that you cannot attend or if your appointment is on Wednesday at 9am, you will need to let us know by 9am on Tuesday that you cannot attend). This will assist us in being able to offer your unwanted appointment time to another client who may be waiting to see your child’s therapist. You are always welcome to leave a voicemail regarding your appointment or email email@example.com.
Less than 24 hours notice
We understand that misadventures and illness occur and in these circumstances you may not be able to predict and provide the adequate 24 hours notice. In these situations we will use your dedicated appointment time to provide valuable non face to face services which are also essential for your progress. You will be charged for the non face to face service which may be utilised for
- Long term goal revision
- Tailored resource development including social story, therapy aid, and communication book development
- Home practice resource and activity development
- Collaboration with other professionals and other services via telecommunications
- Collaboration with you regarding progress and goals via telecommunications
If we are able to reschedule your appointment to a suitable alternative time in the week, we can also arrange this.
If, on the exceptional occurrence that a non face to face appointment is not suitable, a $55 cancellation fee will be applied.
Short notice cancelations (less than 1 hour) or no notice provided
Due to the time required by your clinician to prepare for your individual session in these circumstances, 90% of the appointment fee will be charged.
Offsite and School Appointments
We understand that schools sometimes have events that occur, e.g. excursions, concerts and exams. It is the parents responsibility to inform the clinician with our 24 hours cancellation terms. In the event that these events are unforeseen or unknown to parents we will use your dedicated appointment time to provide valuable non face to face services which are also essential for your progress. You will be charged for the non face to face service.
External or offsite appointments will need to provide credit card details which will be secured with Stripe.
Due to the ongoing nature of these services, the FULL FEE will be charged* and can NOT BE REFUNDED, WAIVED or TRANSFERRED. Client representatives will be required to sign a group therapy condition form confirming they have understood these terms. In the event of a cancellation, the client will be provided with a brief summary of the missed session/s and accompanying resources.
*For NDIS Planner managed clients, fees will be charged after each session, regardless of participant attendance as the group continues.
The above policy is still applicable if you receive duel services with more than one clinician. i.e. if one clinician is unable to attend your appointment, the other appointment will continue to run.
It is important that sessions are attended consistently so that progress can be achieved. We reserve the right to discharge a client who has cancelled in excess of 3 sessions in a term. In this case, the client will be placed back at the end of our waiting list and priority will be given to those on the waiting list.
A copy of our cancellation policy and payment terms are provided via email when you first book an appointment with us. It is also provided on each appointment’s invoice