Preschool and School Aged Children
Check out these helpful handouts and resources to support the development of your child’s expressive and receptive language skills:
- ‘Small Talk‘ – A booklet from The Communication Trust for children aged 0 – 5.
- ‘Helping Children with Language‘ – A collection of language handouts from NSW Health
- ‘Tips for Parents‘ – A series of handouts for parents of children with suspected language delays with helpful strategies from The Hanen Centre
- ‘Words for Life‘ – A collection of articles to support parents of children aged 0 – 12, developed by the National Literacy Trust
- ‘Day by Day: Learning Together‘ – An app for parents of children from 0- 3, developed by the Victorian State Government and Save the Children.
- ‘Talking and Listening to Preschoolers‘ – A lovely article from Raising Children for parents of children aged between 3 – 6
Check out these helpful handouts and resources to support the development of your child’s speech sound production:
- ‘Speech Sounds‘ – A collection of speech handouts from NSW Health
- ‘Information for Families: Encouraging Speech Development in Children with Phonological Disorders‘ – An article from renowned Speech Pathologist, Dr Caroline Bowen.
Supporting Phonological Awareness and Literacy
Check out these helpful handouts and resources to support the development of your child’s phonological awareness and literacy skills:
- ‘Children’s literacy – what it is and how to help‘ – A short video developed by NSW Health for parents of preschool and school-aged children
- ‘Learning about Books and Print‘ – A parent handout developed by NSW Health
- ‘Early Literacy Skills‘ – Another great parent handout developed by NSW Health
- ‘Reading with your Child‘ – A collection of reading guides developed by the Book Trust for parents of children aged from 0 to 6 years of age