Now taking bookings for Term 2 2021 Groups!
- Early Language Group – Days and times TBC
- LEGO Club – Days and times TBC
- Social Skills Group – Days and times TBC
- Oral Narrative Group – Days and times TBC
If you are interested in an alternative day or time, please still send us an enquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Over the past few years, the interest in Hills District Speech Therapy groups has grown significantly. With a large majority of children already attending one on one therapy, groups are tailored to the needs of the children and groupings made accordingly to maximise outcomes for all. Lead by speech therapists and running for up to 2.5 hours, the groups are well coordinated and planned, highly motivating for all participants, educational for parents and a fantastic way to generalise skills beyond one to one sessions. We offer a range of group programmes during school terms and holidays in both face-to-face and online modalities, making our programs widely accessible for all.
Benefits of Group-Based Therapy
HDST continues to offer group-based therapy sessions given the growing body of evidence supporting this mode of service delivery and positive outcomes at the end of our intensives and therapy blocks. Some of these benefits include:
- Acquisition of specific communication skills
- Frequent practice of skills learnt in 1:1 therapy sessions
- Improved social skill
- Generalisation of skills to conversational levels (including carry-over of newly learnt speech sounds, sentence structures and conversation skills)
What group programmes are offered at HDST?
Register your interest in our Term 2, 2021 Groups!
We are taking bookings for the following groups: LEGO Club, Social Skills Group, Early Language Group, and Oral and Written Narrative Groups. Fill in the form below and our intake team will be in contact with you soon!