Duration of Assessment: 60 minutes
What to Expect
Your clinician will conduct the following:
- A case history discussion with you about your child’s strengths and weaknesses, their developmental and medical history, their social history and your current concerns.
- A single word speech test, called the Diagnostic Evaluation of Articulation and Phonology (DEAP). This will be shared over Zoom.
- A Test of Polysyllables. This will be shared over Zoom.
- A conversational sample
- A test of phonological awareness (if your child is nearing school age)
What to Prepare
- A computer and camera with good internet connection
- The intake questionnaire (sent via booking confirmation email)
- Token games, such as a puzzle, where you can give your child a piece to keep them motivated and engaged throughout the assessment.
- A reward chart (sent via booking confirmation email) to be ticked to keep your child motivated. Give them a reward once this is completed (place this so it will be completed at the end of the assessment)
- Photographs or toys for your child to talk about in the conversational sample
What needs to be sent to your Clinician as soon as possible
- The intake questionnaire. This can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org once completed (before the assessment if possible)
- The Telehealth consent form (sent via booking confirmation email)
- A video or audio sample of your child talking. This can be sent either to your clinician or to email@example.com and must be clearly labelled with your child’s name and date of birth.
- Any previous Speech Pathology reports
- The Credit Card Authority form (sent via booking confirmation email and can be accessed here) to allow payment to be taken. If you do not want to use this system, you can call the clinic directly to make payment. Payment must be received by HDST no later than two days before the assessment. If payment has not been received, the assessment will not go ahead and you will need to reschedule the assessment.