About Assignment Group
The HDST Assignment Skills Group is designed for children in high school (Years 7-12) who require assistance with completing their assignments. It is appropriate for children with and without Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) and provides a safe, small-group environment, for children to ask questions and work through assignments together. The group runs for 90 minutes on a weekly basis during the school term and provides the children with an opportunity to receive support with their own assignments.
What skills are addressed in our Assignment Group?
- Understanding and breaking down an assignment task or essay question
- Prioritising tasks
- Using a to-do list
- Understanding a marking criteria
- Using reading comprehension strategies, including note-taking and summarising
- Developing skills to research information effectively in order to answer a question
- Understanding and deepening knowledge of vocabulary related to assignments and exams
- Understanding their own individual strengths and weaknesses and how to advocate for further assistance if needed
Make an Enquiry
For any payment, booking and/or programming enquiries, please feel in the form below and a member of our intake team will be in contact with you.