About our Intensive Written Expression Group
This group is intended for high-school aged students who are experiencing difficulties with their written expression. They may or may not have a Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) or Dyslexia diagnosis. As children move into high school, they are expected to produce increasingly complex written text types. This group intends to teach the children foundational knowledge about the different text types and give them strategies to use in the classroom.
What skills are addressed?
- The purpose of Informative, Imaginative and Persuasive Texts
- The different forms of these texts (e.g. story, a movie, an information report, an essay)
- Understanding and breaking down a question
- Planning a response
- Using scaffolds to produce different text types
- Understanding the microstructure of a text type (e.g. particular grammatical elements typically used in a persuasive text)
- Use of techniques (e.g. high modality words, rhetorical question)
- Editing a text
Make an Enquiry
For any payment, booking and/or programming enquiries, please feel in the form below and a member of our intake team will be in contact with you.